No matter how strong your sales copy is, nothing seals a sale more than a story showcasing how YOUR productor service changed someone’s life. Your audience wants to know how your product or service will help them solve their problem.
People generally want some proof before spending their hard-earned money, so find transformative stories that are inspiring.
Start with your own story.
• What struggles did you face that convinced you to create your product/service?
• What was your experience?
• Did you have any setbacks along the way?
• What lessons did you learn?
• What results did you obtain from using your own product/service?
If that’s more detail than you’d like to share with your audience, find other customers who would be willing to answer those same questions.
Craft these answers into an endearing narrative that shows clearly how their life was transformed. Write this in a format that imitates a blog post (no bullet points here) but keep it short and sweet.
With this type of narrative, keep the emphasis on the results.
• How can others expect your product to change their life?
• What happened to get those results?
Also tell about what changed in their lives after achieving those results.
And if you’re sat there thinking “Pat, I don’t have any clients right now!” don’t worry.
We all have to start off somewhere, right?
If you don’t have any customers at the moment, do you have a friend or colleague who can try out your product or service for you so you can turn their feedback into a story?
I’ve created two exercises to help you with your transformative story. You can download them here.